Below are vision resources that might be helpful to you
Grant reviewing and writing
The AVA Committee has published two documents which we believe will be helpful to the vision science community:
How to review a grant
How to write a grant
We thought it might be useful to members if you could see a list of research grants that other AVA members hold. This list is kept as an excel spreadsheet and can be viewed here.
For any additions or amendments please contact us.
A vision twitter storm February 2015
Given a set of binomial responses at different stimulus levels, this program fits a psychometric function and derives a threshold and slope. It then estimates the standard deviation and confidence intervals of the threshold and slope by a bootstrap procedure. Another program compares thresholds and slopes from two sets of data and estimates confidence intervals to test the significance of their differences. For an introduction to the software, see Foster & Bischof (1997) Spat. Vis., 11, 135-139.
The programs are available in a variety of downloading formats here, and are also mirrored on the AVA anonymous ftp site at: ftp://ftp.psy.dmu.ac.uk/pub/ava/foster/.
Hyperspectral images of natural scenes
Images of size approx. 1344 x 1024 x 31 used in Foster et al. (2004) Vis. Neurosci., 21, 331-336 are available here.
Images of size approx. 725 x 685 x 31 used in Nascimento et al. (2002). J. Opt. Soc. Am. A, 19, 1484-1490, are available here.
Software for visual psychophysics: an overview
Motion after effect without motion demonstration by Professor Mark Georgeson, Aston University.
- The Colour Group
Cambridge Vision Lab, University of Cambridge
Applied Vision Research Centre, City University
- Cognitive Neuroimaging Lab, University of Birmingham, UK
- Vision Science Virtual Library
- Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology (ARVO)
- Color and Vision Network Archive (CVNET)
- Eye Movement Research Portal
- Applied Cognitive Science Research Group, University of Gloucestershire
- Applied Vision Research Group, Loughborough
Lund Vision Group, Sweden
- Cambridge Research Systems
- Vision Research Graphics
- VPixx Technologies Inc
- CVRL Colour Vision Database
- National Institutes of Health
- National Eye Institute
- Optical Society of America
- Object Data Base, Verfaillie & Boutsen
- School of Psychology, University of Southampton
St Andrews Vision Lab, University of St Andrews
- Daniel Baker, Aston University
- Marco Bertamini, University of Liverpool
- David Foster, University of Manchester
- Frouke Hermens, University of Leuven, Belgium
- Susan Leat, University of Waterloo, Canada
- Casimir Ludwig, University of Bristol
- Jasna Martinovic, University of Aberdeen
- Tim Meese, Aston University
Ken Scott-Brown, University of Abertay
Hans Strasburger, University of Munich and University of Göttingen
- Stuart Wallis, Aston University
- John Wann, Royal Holloway University of London
- Simon Watt, Bangor University, Wales
- Sophie Wuerger, University of Liverpool